Child Care Resource Service
Website and/or Calendar Links
Child Care Resource Service serves Champaign, Vermilion, Macon, Douglas, Iroquois and Piatt counties! They work to support the well-being of children and families by promoting the availability of quality child care services in the area. They work with parents, child care providers, businesses, and community organizations to provide education and training and act as a bridge to other important resources at the local, University, state, and national levels.
CCRS provides parents with:
- Child care referrals
- Information on evaluating quality child care
- Resources on various parenting issues
- Assistance in paying for child care (for income eligible families)
CCRS offers child care providers
- Access to valuable training based on evidence and best-practice
- Support services for new or established programs
- Access to funding opportunities
- Lending van/library resources
Child Care Resource Service also works to assess the needs of our community and promote quality child care and healthy families by providing educational events, a nurse consultant, mental health consultant, infant/toddler specialist and a Spanish-speaking specialist. They are located at the University of Illinois and are proud to a part of the research community in the Department of Human and Community Development.
- Department of Human Development and Family Studies