Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies
Program Type:Cultural Center
Website and/or Calendar Links
In a consortium with the University of Chicago, the Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies (CLACS) is a Title VI National Resource Center, receiving continuous funding since 1976 from the U.S. Department of Education. Since 2009, CLACS houses the Lemann Institute for Brazilian Studies, one of only three in the country. With additional financial support from the Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowship (also from the Department of Education), the College of LAS, as well as private institutional (Tinker, uninterrupted since 1980) and individual funds (Kilby Fellowship, Love Fellowship, Whitten Fund), CLACS promotes research and teaching on Latin America, as well as sponsors conferences, symposia, colloquia, the Latin American Film Festival, and outreach programs.
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies K-14 Teaching Resources
- Summer 2018 Latin American Studies Educators' Workshop: Modern Andean Points of View: The Andes and Their People
- 2018 High School Summer Bridge Program - Portuguese
- K-12 Teachers Workshop: Celebration Latin American Carnivals!
- Spanish Story Time Series
- Spanish Time @ your School-Library-Community
- Lemann Institute for Brazilian Studies