Saturday Physics for Everyone
Website and/or Calendar Links
Saturday Physics for Everyone (SPE) is a series of lectures on modern aspects of the physical sciences held Saturday mornings each fall. The program began in 1993 and offers high school students the opportunity to hear presentations from world-class scientists and researchers.
By attending Saturday Physics for Everyone, you will learn about recent advances in the physical sciences, you will gain an understanding of how physics affects development in modern technology, and influences your life on a daily basis. A question and answer session is held at the end of each program. This is your chance to interact with renowned scientific leaders in the research community.
- Audience: High school students and the general public.
- Cost: Free of charge.
- Time: 10:15 am to 11:30 am, unless indicated otherwise.
- Location: Room 141, Loomis Laboratory of Physics, 1110 West Green Street, Urbana, IL
- Parking: East side of building in lot B21.
- Talk slides: When available, the slides from the professors' talks can be found linked from the individual events below
See the Saturday Physics Website for lecture schedule.
- Department of Physics