Krannert Art Museum and Kinkead Pavilion
Website and/or Calendar Links
Krannert Art Museum (KAM) is the second largest general fine art museum in the state of Illinois and operates within the College of Fine and Applied Arts at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Significant support from alumni, donors, and museum members have enabled KAM to develop an encyclopedic permanent collection of more than 10,000 artworks from the 4th century BCE to the present.
Krannert Art Museum is a catalyst at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and in the extended community to support interdisciplinary collaboration and the synthesis of knowledge for the benefit of current and future generations.
The museum is a cultural destination and a virtual presence that strives to enrich the human experience by inviting visitors to make connections through the visual arts between the past and present, between what is understood and what is unknown.
The museum fulfills its mission by:
- acquiring, preserving, exhibiting, researching, and interpreting its collection of art from world cultures from ancient times to present day
- exhibiting diverse and contemporary artists, embracing new media and technologies, and supporting emerging artists and the creative process
- actively engaging a diverse range of audiences, including students, faculty, and local and broader communities
- programming activities that encourage and inspire lifelong learning, contemplation, and a passion for understanding
Krannert Art Museum is always free and open to the public.
This is made possible by the generosity of our donors. If you’d like to support the museum, please make a donation at the entrance. To support the museum on an ongoing basis, please visit our Annual Memberships page to learn how to become a Friend of Krannert Art Museum
- Monday – Friday: 9 am–5 pm
- Thursdays until 9 pm (when classes are in session)
- Saturday: 10 am–4 pm
- Sunday: Closed
The museum is closed each year for the following holidays: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday (Thursday and Friday).
In addition, the museum closes during University of Illinois Reduced Service Days, typically Dec 22-23 through Jan 2–3.
- College of Fine and Applied Arts
- Emerging Digital Research and Education in Arts Media Institute (eDream)