The Forum on the Future of Public Education
Website and/or Calendar Links
The Forum on the Future of Public Education strives to bring the best empirical evidence to policymakers and the public.
The Forum draws on a network of premier scholars to create, interpret, and disseminate credible information on key questions facing P-20 education. The Forum pursues original research and facilitates collaboration between researchers and policymakers to examine the pressing issues shaping the future of public education.
Key constituencies of the Forum include:
- scholars who influence research, policy and practice
- policy makers and policy making bodies at all levels
- members of the media who influence public opinion
- foundations, organizations, business groups and others who support, criticize and advocate for reform
- citizens who make choices about education for themselves and their children
America is witnessing a drastic redefinition of the policies and practices associated with “public education.” Too often, discussions around the future of public education are strong on passion but short on actual evidence. The Forum for the Future of Public Education is filing that gap by building a resource of objective, research-based insights on key educational issues. We are establishing an open venue- a true public forum to debate controversial and consequential policy issues that will shape American’s future.
- College of Education