2019 Soil Fertility Webinar - Gallatin County
Time:9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Website and/or Calendar Links
Illinois Extension's Agriculture and Natural Resources team will be hosting the annual Soil Fertility Webinar at Extension offices state-wide on February 28, 2019.
In Unit 24, this webinar will be hosted in the U of I Extension Office in Gallatin County. Presentations will be delivered via PowerPoint and web conferencing from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and lunch will be provided.
"Those in attendance will hear about the latest University of Illinois research on the long term effects of crop rotation and tillage, as well as the relationship between cover crops and soil nitrogen availability. Other presenters from the University of Wisconsin, Western Illinois University, and the Illinois SWCD will discuss nutrient loss on tile drained land, nutrient management in organic systems, and a farmer-led program to improve soil health," says Jesse Soule, U of I Extension educator.
- Managing Phosphorus Loss in Tile Systems, Aaron Pape, University of Wisconsin Discovery Farms, Tile Drainage Education Coordinator
- Cover Crops and Soil N Availability in Corn & Soybean Systems, Lowell Gentry, University of Illinois, Principal Research Specialist in Agriculture
- Long-term Crop Rotation and Tillage Effects on Soil GHG Emissions and Crop Production in Illinois, Gevan Behnke, University of Illinois, Senior Research Specialist
- S.T.A.R. A Farmer-Led Program to Reduce Nutrient and Soil Losses and Improve Soil Health, Bruce Henrikson, Champaign SWCD, Special Projects Coordinator
- Understanding and Extending Organic Nutrient Management Concepts, Joel Gruver, Western Illinois University, Associate Professor of Soil Science & Sustainable Agriculture
Certified Crop Advisors will receive 4.5 continuing education units in Nutrient Management and Soil and Water Management by attending this seminar. ***CEU category subject to change
Cost: Registration is $45 per person for Certified Crop Advisors who want to obtain continuing education units (CEUs) and $15 for those wish to attend but not obtain CEUs. Registration costs includes lunch. Registration can be made online by completing the form below.
Registration: Online registration form