2019 Illinois Gies College of Business Emerging Business Leaders Program
Date:Sun, 7/7/2019 - Fri, 7/19/2019
Event Type:Summer Camp
Website and/or Calendar Links
The Emerging Business Leaders program at the Gies College of Business is a two-week summer program designed for high-achieving Black, African-American, Hispanic, Latina/o, and Native American students entering their senior year of high school. Participants live on campus and learn from world-renowned faculty, work on a capstone group project with other students, and connect with corporate executives to expand their knowledge on business-related careers.
- Attend seminars led by College of Business faculty about concepts in accounting, finance, marketing, and other business disciplines
- Have your resume reviewed and participate in a mock interview with a Business Career Adviser
- Practice your presentation and public speaking skills and learn professional business etiquette
- Create a business plan and work on a capstone group project
- Visit corporations and discover careers in business
- Learn about the University of Illinois admissions process and other available University resources
Open to Black, African American, Hispanic, Latina/o, and Native Americanstudents who will be entering their senior year of high school and:
- have a “B” (3.2/4.0) GPA or higher; and
- demonstrate leadership through extracurricular and volunteer activities and work experience; and
- must be available for the entirety of the program (July 7-19, 2019).
Cost & Scholarships
A $500 program fee that covers housing, meals, and social activities will be due by May 15 for accepted students.
Partial and full need-based scholarships to attend the Emerging Business Leaders program are guaranteed for qualified students.
Students who complete the program and apply and are admitted into the Gies College of Business will receive a $5,000 renewable scholarship!
- Visit the Emerging Business Leaders website for registration specifics and online application.
- Applications deadline is April 15, 2019.
- College of Business
Open to Black, African American, Hispanic, Latina/o, and Native Americanstudents who will be entering their senior year of high school. Must have a "B" (3.2/4.0) GPA or higher. Must have demonstrated leadership through extracurricular and volunteer activities and work experience. And must be available for the entirety of the program (July 7-19, 2019).