Children's Dance - Spring 2019
Date:Sat, 1/19/2019 - Sat, 3/9/2019
Website and/or Calendar Links
Creative Dance for Children classes for the spring semester will be offered by the Department of Dance beginning January 19, 2019. This is a 8-week session, concluding on March 9, 2019 with an open house.
CLASSES: Children ages 3, 4-5, 6-7, and 8-10
TIME: Saturday mornings at the Dance Studio Building (905 W. Nevada)
CLASSES LIMITED TO 12 PER SECTION
WHAT WE TEACH: The age 3, 4-5, and 6-7 classes introduce and build upon concepts of dance and dance making taught through music, words, props, poems, and stories. The 8-10 classes place greater emphasis on modern dance technique as well as improvisation and dance making.
TEACHERS: Mauriah Kraker will teach classes along with Jenny Oelerich, Lindsey Jennings, and other Dance at Illinois students.
DRESS: Appropriate dress is hair off the face, loose-fitting, comfortable clothes, and bare feet. There is a changing room.
The last day of the session (March 9) will be an informal showing for parents and families. All other sessions are closed to observation. During class time, parents may enjoy visiting Café Paradiso on the corner of Lincoln and Nevada or spending time in the family-friendly environment of Christopher Hall across the street from the studio, which opens at 9:00 a.m.
Spring 2019 Schedule
- Age 3 (from 9:00-9:45am) - Nevada B
- Ages 4-5 (from 9:00-9:45am) - Nevada A
- Ages 6-7 (from 10:00-10:45am) - Nevada A
- Ages 8-10 (from 10:00-11:00am ) - Nevada B
Registration & Cost
- PROGRAM COST: 8 Weeks (January 19-March 9, 2019): $90
- Visit Creative Dance for Children for full details and registration links.
- Classes limited to 12 per section.
- Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Department of Dance