Crazy for You
Date:Thu, 4/25/2019 - Sun, 4/28/2019
Website and/or Calendar Links
Music and lyrics by George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin
Book by Ken Ludwig
Sarah Wigley, director
Michael Tilley, music director
Charlie Maybee, choreographer
“It is heaven on earth. Everything an American musical comedy should be.” That’s how The New Yorker describes Tony Award-winning Crazy for You, the story of young, rich Bobby Child, sent from New York City to Deadrock, Nevada, in the height of the 1930s Depression to foreclose on a broken-down theatre. Bobby meets Polly Baker, spunky daughter of the theatre owner, and the rest is . . . singing, dancing, romance, and laughter! This endearing, vivacious show features unforgettable songs from American music masters George and Ira Gershwin, including “Shall We Dance,” “I Got Rhythm,” “Nice Work If You Can Get It,” and more.
For more information, see the Crazy for You program (pdf).
- Thursday, April 25 - 7:30 PM
- Friday, April 26 - 7:30 PM
- Saturday, April 27 - 7:30 PM
- Sunday, April 28 - 3:00 PM
- $10 for current, full-time U of I students and youth (high school and younger)
- $18 for non-U of I college students
- $30 for senior citizens (age 65 or over) and retired U of I faculty and staff
- $35 otherwise
For information on Pick Five+ and Lyric Theatre Series ticket prices, visit the Krannert Center event page.