Come Home to Krannert Center: A 50th-Anniversary Weekend
Date:Fri, 4/12/2019 - Sun, 4/14/2019
Website and/or Calendar Links
It’s amazing what can happen when you dream boldly. Fifty years ago, in April 1969, Herman and Ellnora Krannert joined University of Illinois campus leadership; students, staff, and faculty from across campus, including the performing arts at Illinois; and friends from throughout the region and nation to open the doors of this unprecedented facility. Those first moments set in motion decades of extraordinary creativity and impact. This weekend is a time for friends old and new, near and far, to come together in reflection and revelry, celebrating all that has led to this moment in Krannert Center’s history.
Make your plans now—and help spread the word—for this Come Home weekend, a centerpiece of Krannert Center’s two-season 50th-anniversary festivities.
Friday, April 12
- 10 AM to noon and 1 PM to 2 PM: Forum on the Future of Performing Arts in Higher Education (observation)*
- 3:30 PM: Panel discussion: “The Miracle on the Prairie”—The Genesis and Structure of Krannert Center for the Performing Arts*
- 5 PM to 7 PM: Casual Welcome Gathering**
- Evening: Informal social time on the town
Saturday, April 13
- 9 AM to 12 PM: Krannert Center Open House*
- 2 PM to 3 PM: Richmond Family Welcome Gallery Tour*
- 6 PM: The Come Home Gala, including remarks and a global toast**
Sunday, April 14
3pm: Krannert Center Debut Artist recital***
*Free, no tickets required
**Free, no tickets required; cash bar
***Ticket purchase required
Most events are free; registration opens late January.