Soil Testing Workshop - Marshall County
Time:Begins at 6:30 PM
Website and/or Calendar Links
Learn about how to test your soil and how to interpret results. Actual soil samples are not needed.
- Importance of modern day soil tests to achieve maximum profit from our soils
- Types of soil testing available
- Interpretive test results for effective and economic application
- How an accurate test sample is taken
- What are recommended levels of nutrient availability in conjunction with various soil types, productivity ratings and achievable yield goals?
- What is pH and how important is it to top soil productivity?
- What are our major micro-nutrient levels for our area soil and how important are they?
- How variable rate application can save costs
Erika Luft, NRCS District Conservationist
Russ Higgins, University of Illinois Extension Commercial Agriculture Educator
Chris Behl, Pro-Ag Consulting, LLC
Daryle Wragge, University of Illinois Extension Ag Program Coordinator and Ag View FS— Soil Technician
Registration: Call to register. Pre-registration required by February 6th.