The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Date:Thu, 2/28/2019 - Sun, 3/10/2019
Website and/or Calendar Links
A play by Simon Stephens
Based on the novel by Mark Haddon
Latrelle Bright, director
Based on Mark Haddon’s prizewinning 2003 novel, the play presents a young man’s search for answers—to his favorite math problems, about what it means to be different, to the question of who murdered the neighbor’s dog. A play-within-a- play, "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" explores the bonds between parent and child, and what it means to accept shortcomings in those we love.
This production contains the graphic depiction of an animal’s death which may not be suitable for all viewers. The play is based on Mark Haddon's Young Adult novel and is most appropriate for audiences 14 and up.
For more information, see the performance program (pdf).
Performance Dates & Times
- Thursday, February 28 - 7:30 PM
- Friday, March 1 - 7:30 PM
- Saturday, March 2 - 7:30 PM
- Thursday, March 7 - 7:30 PM
- Friday, March 8 - 7:30 PM
- Saturday, March 9 - 7:30 PM
- Sunday, March 10 - 3:00 PM
- $10 for current, full-time U of I students and youth (high school and younger)
- $15 for non-U of I college students
- $24 for senior citizens (age 65 or over) and retired U of I faculty and staff
- $25 otherwise
For information on Pick Five+ and Illinois Theatre Series ticket prices, visit the Krannert Center event page.