Intensive Foreign Language Instruction Program (IFLIP) - Winter 2019
Date:Wed, 1/2/2019 - Fri, 1/11/2019
Website and/or Calendar Links
Intensive Foreign Language Instruction Program (IFLIP) is a unique learning opportunity offered during the summer and winter breaks.
Open to members of the University community and to the general public.Classes meet Monday through Friday, except holidays. Taught by advanced graduate students or faculty. Courses focus on conversational skills, travel preparation and language survival skills. There is minimal homework, no attendance policy, and no academic credit.
Classes are held in the Foreign Languages Building. Participants will receive a confirmation email once registration and payment is complete, and shortly before classes begin will be notified as to the class room and instructor.
Various levels, languages, and different time options offered. Visit the IFLIP webpage for full listing.
Levels of Instruction
- Elementary: For participants with very little or no prior experience with the language; you will learn how to handle basic communicative tasks such as introducing yourself, asking and answering simple questions, etc.
- Intermediate: For participants who have some knowledge of the language, are able to express some basic information (greetings, introductions, likes and dislikes, work, daily routine, etc.), and would like to increase their ability to converse informally in the language.
- Advanced: For participants who are able to communicate with ease about familiar topics related to their daily life, and who would like to improve their fluency and confidence to handle both informal and formal exchanges on a variety of topics.
**NEW EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT** REGISTER NOW (registration and payment on or before November 16th, 2018.)
- Students & spouses of UIUC students: $90
- UI Faculty, Staff, Retirees: $110
- General Public: $130
Regular rate (registration and/or payment received after 5pm, November 16th, 2018.)
- Students & spouses of UIUC student: $100
- Faculty, Staff, Retirees: $125
- General Public: $150
Payment must be made at time of registration. Registration fee will be refunded in full if course is cancelled. A $25 late cancellation fee will be deducted if cancelled after December 7, 2018. There will be no refunds if cancellations take place after December 28th.
- School of Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics