Explorer-Cadet Fire School 2018
Date:Thu, 7/12/2018 - Sun, 7/15/2018
Event Type:Summer Camp
Website and/or Calendar Links
The Illinois Fire Service Institute (IFSI) is proud to offer the 16th Annual Explorer Cadet Fire School. This unique training program delivers hands-on, live fire training to Explorers, Cadets, and Junior Firefighters between the ages of 15-20 years old. IFSI Field Instructors have carefully designed each course to include skill building exercises, practical application evolutions, and multiple immersive training scenarios that will challenge all skill levels.
Regardless of course selection, students will learn from the top fire service professionals in the industry. The Explorer Cadet Fire School instructor team will quickly engage, motivate, and inspire students to develop key firefighting skills and learn more about the fire service industry.
- Basic Skills Program, Advanced Skills Program, and Cadet Officer Program
- See the registration materials for complete details.
- NOTE! Please review the brochure for important registration information before you begin the online registration process.
- Advance Registration is required. No walk in registrations are accepted.
- Registration starts May 07, 2018.
- Take advantage of the convienent online registration system! Online registrations receive an immediate time stamp upon submission and are processed first.
- Explorer Cadet Fire School enrollment is limited to 250 students and 100 chaperones/advisors. Course assignments are first-come, first-served. Do not delay in registering for this one-of-a-kind training program!
Visit the Explorer-Cadet Fire School for full details and more information, including the online registration system.
- Registration Opens: May 07, 2018
- Last Day to Cancel Without Penalty June 22, 2018
- Last Day to Register June 28, 2018
WITH HOUSING AND MEAL PLAN: $525/STUDENT and $275/CHAPERONE
Includes: 3 nights lodging in University of Illinois residence hall; Breakfast in dining hall Friday, Saturday and Sunday; Dinner in dining hall Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
WITHOUT HOUSING: $450/STUDENT and $200/CHAPERONE