Early Intervention Training Program
Website and/or Calendar Links
EITP is funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) Bureau of Early Intervention to deliver professional development to early interventionists serving children and families in the Illinois Early Intervention System. The mission of EITP is to develop a comprehensive system of personnel development that is regionalized, responsive and reflective of best practices in the field of early intervention.
The Early Intervention Training Program at the University of Illinois (EITP) was formerly known as the Illinois Early Intervention Training Program. From July 1st, 2002 thru June 30th, 2013, Illinois Early Intervention Training Program was at United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) of Greater Chicago. Then on July 1, 2013, EITP was formed with the mission to build upon the achievements of the highly successful Illinois Early Intervention Training Program.
Overall, the objective of EITP is to enhance the knowledge and skills of service coordinators, early interventionists, and other stakeholders. The Principles of Early Intervention are the foundation for all EITP activities including the objectives and strategies that the EITP strives to achieve. With these objectives in mind, EITP designs and delivers professional development activities to facilitate EI professionals in the following:
- Understanding the Principles of the Illinois EI System as well as the agreed upon mission and principles of providing early intervention services in natural environments.
- Gaining the knowledge and skills to effectively implement the Principles of the Illinois EI System and evidence-based practices in working with young children and families.
- Accessing ongoing, self-directed learning opportunities to enhance and expand understanding of effective practices in early intervention.
- Building collaborative networks of support that strengthen the EI System's ability to provide the highest quality of services to children and families in Illinois.
The Illinois Early Intervention Training Program at the University of Illinois will achieve these outcomes through a project design that will focus on coordinating the skills and resources of early intervention professionals throughout the state. For more on the EITP objectives and the strategies to achieve them please click here.
- Department of Special Education