Illinois Natural History Educational Resources
Resource Type:Online Resource
Website and/or Calendar Links
Public education and engagement has been part of the Illinois Natural History Survey (INHS) mission for over 150 years. We have a long history of publications, school and community programs, and workshops aimed at bringing the work of our scientists to the people of Illinois.
INHS Outreach has developed educational materials for all ages including:
- Posters: Both full color posters and black and white posters suitable for coloring.
- Materials for the Classroom: designed for teachers but also useful to nature guides, 4-H clubs, scouts, etc.
- Card Sets: sets of laminated cards with colored photographs.
- Biological Indicator Sheets: Laminated sheets with color photos, line drawings, and consise descriptions developed for identifaction of indicator organisms.
- Models and Education Kits
- Illinois: A Study in Diversity: A 15 minute video with a 26 page study guide. Great for the classroom.
- INHS Photo Guides