Public Engagement Portal
Resource Type:Online Resource
Website and/or Calendar Links
The Urbana Public Engagement Portal (PEPortal), started in 2008, is the most comprehensive source for information about public engagement programs, events, & resources offered by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has a rich tradition of commitment to public engagement. Our faculty, staff, and students engage with external audiences and partners to help address the needs of society and to advance discovery and the application of knowledge. Public engagement is an integral part of the University's mission to "enhance the lives of citizens in Illinois, across the nation and around the world through our leadership in learning, discovery, engagement and economic development."
What You Will Find on the Site
You will find descriptions and contact information for a variety of University-related programs, events, and resources that are intended for the public.
To learn more about our entry categorization, please visit the FAQ: Entry Types page.
- Office of the Chief Information Officer
- The Center of Advanced Materials for the Purification of Water with Systems
- Department of Mathematics
- College of Education
- Office of Volunteer Programs
- Department of Special Education
- I-STEM Education Initiative
- Illinois Informatics Institute
- Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering
- University Library
- Department of Computer Science
- University of Illinois Extension
- College of Engineering
- College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
- National Center for Supercomputing Applications
- Center for Education in Small Urban Communities
- College of Medicine
- Division of Disability Resources and Educational Services
- Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Bureau of Educational Research
- School of Information Sciences