Women in Engineering Visit Options
Website and/or Calendar Links
The University hosts multiple types of programs designed to get you acquainted with the campus. These visit days may include presentations, interactive student panels, campus tours, and residence hall tours. You may even be able to attend a lecture!
Daily Visits for Admitted and Prospective Students
The University offers daily visit programs, consisting of admissions information, financial aid, housing, etc. During this visit, WIE offers a Meet and Greet, which is an opportunity to talk with current women engineering students about their experiences here at Illinois, Monday – Friday from 12 – 12:45 pm. The WIE Meet and Greet is scheduled to allow you time to get to the Engineering tour if you signed up for that activity.
- Register for a Campus Daily Visit
- Register for a Women in Engineering Meet and Greet. Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation and details about the location.
Engineering Information Bureau Days
Our student-run Engineering Council offers various visit options for prospective students. Please visit the EIB website for more information about campus visits and the Shadow an Engineer Program.
Orange & Blue Days
In the spring and fall, the University hosts Orange and Blue Days—larger, day-long programs for prospective students and their families. In the fall, Orange and Blue Days are also available for prospective transfer students. If you choose to visit on an Orange and Blue Day, you will also be invited to a WIE afternoon reception where current women engineering students will be available for questions and discussion.
- Register Online for a Campus Orange and Blue Day
- Register Online for the WIE Orange an Blue Day Reception. Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation and details about the location.
Illini Days for Admitted Student
Held in the Spring from February – April, these day-long programs are designed to help you get to know your future home firsthand. You will have a personalized lunch with WIE staff and current women engineering students. Following the luncheon, you will hear briefly from a student panel of women engineering students who will share their passion for Engineering at Illinois.
- Register Online by signing up for a Campus Illini Day – Admitted Students
- You will receive an email from WIE staff about RSVP’ing for the WIE luncheon. Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation and details about the location.
For more information about the University visit options listed above, and for information regarding Registered Student Organization visit options, visit the Women in Engineering Visit Options page.