HOT Project - Healthy Outcomes for Teens
Resource Type:Online Resource
Website and/or Calendar Links
The HOT Project Site is a place for teens to learn about food, fitness, and diabetes prevention... have fun!
The site is organized by topic into "sections" but you can move around the site or to the Fun Place for activities related to the information within each section.
The teachers' guide provides background information for teachers wanting to use this site in a more formal teaching lesson. However, parents or teens can also visit the teachers' guide to obtain more background information.
Topics covered include:
- What Happens in Diabetes? How Can I Prevent It?
- Getting Balanced with Food and Physical Activity
- Choosing to be Active
- Get the (Nutrition) Facts with Macronutrient Math
- Let's Get Visual: Smart Servings and Proper Portions
- Stressing Less with Diabetes
- Staying on Target: How to Eat and Play for Healthy Blood Glucose Levels
No address has been specified