TAP Resource Center
Website and/or Calendar Links
We are a community-focused program of the Department of Human Development and Family Studies and the Department of Special Education at the University of Illinois. Our Resource Room is housed in the Family Resiliency Center and provides a place where families and professionals can find information or preview materials that might be helpful to them.
We focus on:
- Providing a resource and referral center for parents and professionals.
- Developing and evaluating model programs in training, treatment, and family support.
- Facilitating collaborations between agencies, schools, and individuals that enhance the community’s capacity and quality of services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and their families.
Many different types of materials are available in the TAP Resource Room. All of our materials are free, and can be customized to meet individualized needs. TAP staff and student interns are available to meet in person or via phone/email to collectively brainstorm creative problem-solving solutions. Many of our materials can also be translated to Spanish. These materials include:
- Books and DVD’s for checkout
- Teaching kits containing structured teaching activities for checkout
- Learning aids
- Flyers, articles, brochures, and booklets from local, state, and national organizations which are free to the public
- Monday/Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday/Thursday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - Noon
- Sunday: Closed
- Department of Human Development and Family Studies
- Department of Special Education