Website and/or Calendar Links
The Audiology Clinic educates and trains Doctorate of Audiology students to provide clinical diagnostic, consultative, and treatment services for individuals with communicative impairments. This mission is accomplished through teaching, research and community service.
To be recognized as one of the leading facilities in the community that provides services to individuals with communicative impairments, and to improve the quality of their lives throughout their life-span.
Audiology Clinic Services
The audiology program has consistently been highly ranked by the U.S. News and World Report as one of the outstanding programs in the nation. The Audiology Clinic is located within the Department of Speech and Hearing Science. A full range of diagnostic and rehabilitative services are provided by graduate Doctor of Audiology students under the supervision of an American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Certified Audiologist (CCC-A).
- Complete audiological assessment for adults and pediatrics.
- Auditory Brainstem Response testing for adults.
- Otoacoustic Emission testing.
- Industrial Hearing Evaluation and Training.
- Hearing and speech-language screenings procedures.
- Evaluation and dispensing of hearing aids and assistive listening devices.
- Aural rehabilitative therapy for children and adults.
- Custom earmolds and hearing protectors.
- Hearing aid orientation classes.
- Speechreading Training.
Hearing Conservation Services
- Evaluation and dispensing of hearing aids and assistive listening devices
- Hearing aid demonstrations
- Custom earmolds.
- Hearing aid orientation
Scheduling and Fees
Any person who is interested in hearing assessment, hearing protection, and management of hearing problems can make an appointment. No referral is needed.
The Audiology Clinic is open to the public and provides services for adults and geriatric individuals.
The Audiology Clinic is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. — 4:00 p.m. year round.
- Appointments can be made by calling 217-333-2205.
- Parking is available and is now free.
Fees are charged for all services and products dispensed.
- Appointments can be made by calling.
- Parking is available at designated metered parking spaces.
Fees are charged for all services and products dispensed. A sliding scale is available for therapy services for individuals that meet financial eligibility requirements
- Department of Speech & Hearing Science