Krannert Art Museum and Kinkead Pavilion
Website and/or Calendar Links
Krannert Art Museum (KAM) is the second largest general fine art museum in the state of Illinois and operates within the College of Fine and Applied Arts at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Significant support from alumni, donors, and museum members have enabled KAM to develop an encyclopedic permanent collection of more than 10,000 artworks from the 4th century BCE to the present.
Krannert Art Museum is a catalyst at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and in the extended community to support interdisciplinary collaboration and the synthesis of knowledge for the benefit of current and future generations.
The museum is a cultural destination and a virtual presence that strives to enrich the human experience by inviting visitors to make connections through the visual arts between the past and present, between what is understood and what is unknown.
The museum fulfills its mission by:
- acquiring, preserving, exhibiting, researching, and interpreting its collection of art from world cultures from ancient times to present day
- exhibiting diverse and contemporary artists, embracing new media and technologies, and supporting emerging artists and the creative process
- actively engaging a diverse range of audiences, including students, faculty, and local and broader communities
- programming activities that encourage and inspire lifelong learning, contemplation, and a passion for understanding
- Mon–Sat 9 am–5 pm
- Thurs open until 9 pm when classes are in session
- Closed Sunday
- College of Fine and Applied Arts
Contact PageVisit Contact Page
- KAM Chamber Music Series
- 2017 School of Art + Design Faculty Exhibition
- World on the Horizon: Swahili Arts Across the Indian Ocean
- Yoga at KAM - Winter 2017-18
- Global Africa Community Forum at Krannert Art Museum
- Giertz Education Center
- Art Speak Teen Program
- Kids@Krannert Program
- Tango at KAM Series
- SPEAK Cafe Series
- VOICE Reading Series
- Sudden Sound Concert Series
- School of Art + Design Visitor Series
- KAM-WAM: Krannert Art Museum - Week at the Museum
- KAM-BAM: One day at the museum