Intensive English Institute
Website and/or Calendar Links
The Intensive English Institute offers two main programs: The Intensive English Program and Special Group Programs.
The Intensive English Program teaches general academic English and is designed for individuals who want to improve their English for personal or professional reasons. This includes students who want to improve their English so they can enter a US university. The Intensive English Program is a full-time curriculum of 20 hours per week. See the courses page for more information.
Why Attend the IEI?
- Development of strong English and intercultural skills for future study or work.
- Carefully designed English courses.
- Excellent teachers with strong professional backgrounds and experience.
- Small class size.
- Affordable costs.
- Access to University of Illinois’ world-class facilities.
- Social events in the IEI and on campus.
- Cultural diversity in your classes and in the community.
- Four beautiful seasons of weather.
- Easy living in the friendly community of Champaign-Urbana.
Our Special Group Programs are arranged for universities, businesses, educational agencies, or internal campus units for groups of students or professionals with specific English needs. Please see our Special Group Programs page for more information.
- University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign