Online Computer Science Certificates
Website and/or Calendar Links
Individuals can earn a certificate in a specialized area of computer science to help strengthen their resume or advance in their career. To be successful in our graduate level courses, we highly recommend that individuals have experience with computer science either through their career, through their undergraduate studies, or through professional development courses.
- Networks and Distributed Systems
- Information Systems
- Software Engineering
- System Software
For more information about each specialization, please visit the Computer Science Certificates website.
Single Course Certificate Option
Students who take an individual CS course online for credit and are not in either the certificate or degree program may request a Certificate of Completion if a grade of B- or higher is received. Up to 3 courses can be transferred towards the degree program if accepted for admission. Please note that the online (I2CS) program is restricted to off-campus professionals and is not intended for those who have access to our on-campus courses and programs.
Registration and More Information
- Find additional registration information at the Engineering Online -Registration webpage
- Contact the Office of Online and Professional Engineering Program with questions.
- Please note that the online (I2CS) program is restricted to off-campus professionals and is not intended for those who have access to our on-campus courses and programs.
- Engineering at Illinois Online
- Department of Computer Science