All My Money Train-the-Trainer Class - Kankakee County
Date:Thu, 5/17/2018 - Fri, 5/18/2018
Time:8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Website and/or Calendar Links
Speaker(s): Sasha Grabenstetter, Consumer Economics Educator
The All My Money: Change for the Better curriculum is designed for staff or volunteers of community agencies, banks, and social service organizations to use in teaching limited resource clients basic money management and consumer skills. This train-the-trainer session will give participants hands-on experience in teaching the lessons. No financial expertise is required.
All My Money:
- is appropriate for low-income audiences and those with low reading levels.
- can be used by agency staff with groups of clients or with individuals.
- can be used as a series or as individual lessons, depending on the agency and client needs.
- includes customizable lesson plans with options for 30 or 60-minute classes.
- does not rely on equipment that agencies may not have on-site (e.g., LCD projectors).
- uses hands-on activities and adult learning principles.
- includes a Resource box full of re-usable and reproducible materials.
The eight lessons include hands-on activities and handouts as well as a lesson plan and background information for the trainer. The lessons cover making spending choices, tracking spending and creating a spending plan, building savings, using money services such as reloadable prepaid debit cards and bank accounts, choosing credit, what to do if you can't pay, and credit history and score.
Your registration fee covers all training costs including Resource Box, USB drive containing PDF files of all materials, and training fee, plus a hard copy of the curriculum in a 3-ring binder. Lunch will be on your own.
Cost: Your registration fee covers all training costs including Resource Box, USB drive containing PDF files of all materials, and training fee, plus a hard copy of the curriculum in a 3-ring binder. Lunch will be on your own.
Registration: Online registration form