Juggling and Unicycle Club Festival 2018
Date:Fri, 3/9/2018 - Sun, 3/11/2018
Website and/or Calendar Links
Come one and all to Champaign-Urbana for the revival of the Illini Juggling and Unicycling Festival! Featuring three days of workshops, games and more, we hope to bring jugglers from all over together to celebrate this magnificent art!
Admission is FREE for all 3 days!
You can us any of the entrances to enter the building. However, the track (event area) is only accessible from the southwest corner of the building. All other track entrances function as emergency exits only.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
For those who are new to juggling or not very experienced, there will be a designated area and person during the whole festival to help teach introductory 3 ball juggling and other basic props and tricks.
- 6 pm - 8 pm: Open Juggling
- 8 am - 5 pm: Open Juggling
- 11:30 am: 3 Ball Workshop
- Beginner: Learn a 3 ball cascade
- Intermediate: Learn some cool 3 ball tricks
- Noon: Kick Up Workshop - For this proficient in 3 club juggling
- 12:30 pm: 3 Club Back Crosses Workshop - For those proficient in 3 club juggling
- 1 pm: Contact Juggling Workshop - Learn the basics
- 2:00 pm - 4pm: Games - See below for more details
- 4 pm: Giant ZigZag Passing Pattern - For those proficient in 3 club juggling
- 8 am - Noon: Open Juggling
INFORMATION ABOUT GAMES:
There is a 2 hour time period blocked off for various games and events from 2 pm - 4 pm on Saturday. While there is not set times for the games within that time block, we do have a tentative order we will follow. The following are the planned games and events for this block of time.
- Formula One - Wheel Racing:
- Race 1 - Unicycle with no props
- Race 2 - Unicycle with 3 of the prop of your choice
- Endurance Juggling with Various Numbers of Props:
- Ball Endurance - 5, 7, 3 with eyes closed
- Club Endurance - 5, 3 backcrosses
- Lord of the Rings - Ring Endurance - 5
- Coin Toss - 3 Quarter Juggling Endurance - Winner gets all the quarters
- Distance Club Passing
- Juggling Races:
- Joggling - 3 balls, 3 clubs, 3 rings, 3 club back crosses
- Kick Up Game
We will also have a space set up for an IJUC favorite: Ultimate Club. This juggling spin on Ultimate Frisbee will have times set up through out the day based on the amount of interest we get via a sign up sheet at our checkin table. Proficiency in 3 club juggling is required.
Absolutely NO fire juggling is allowed inside the field house. Please keep all fire juggling and related props inside your bags or vehicles during the event.
No food or drink except water is allowed in the field house, so we suggest you bring a refillable bottle of water. However, there are vending machines elsewhere in the building and many nearby restaurants.