2018 iSTEAM Summer Program
Date:Sun, 6/24/2018 - Sat, 6/30/2018
Event Type:Summer Camp
Website and/or Calendar Links
Bring your curiosity and enter the linked worlds of science, technology, engineering, design arts, and math for a week at an internationally recognized research university. High school sophomores, juniors, and seniors will work together to solve environmental design challenges in architecture, landscape architecture, and urban and regional planning.
In this intriguing hands-on program, students will form mock firms to collaborate and solve problems in environmental science, architectural engineering, and design technology. By working on projects and taking campus excursions, you will strengthen your abilities and gain knowledge about professional fields of study:
- Demonstrate critical thinking, curiosity, adaptability, and initiative
- Appreciate the skills and imagination needed to design, create, and use technologies
- Explore architecture, landscape architecture, and urban and regional planning
All students must have completed their freshman, sophomore, or junior year of high school by summer 2018.
- Program deposit with application: $50 (nonrefundable)
- Residential program fee: $700 (includes instruction, evening activities, housing, and meals)
- Commuter program fee: $500 (includes instruction and evening activities plus lunch and dinner Monday–Friday and dinner Sunday)
- Course Supplies: Once you're accepted to iSTEAM, you will receive a course supply list. We expect the items to cost no more than $50.
- Spending Money : Although it's not required, it's fun to have $50 in spending money. Most students enjoy shopping at the Illini Union Bookstore for Illinois gear during the week on campus.
Scholarship and Payment Plans
Visit the iSTEAM website for full details
Students are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. Early application to the program is encouraged.
- Online application can be found on the iSTEAM webpage.
- Visit the iSTEM webpage for full details and deadlines.
- College of Fine and Applied Arts