Girls Engaged in Math and Science (GEMS) Workshop: Tesselations - Spring 2018
Time:1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Website and/or Calendar Links
The University of Illinois Student Chapter of the Association for Women in Mathematics(AWM) is holding a fourth series of our Girls Engaged in Math and Science (GEMS) workshops for 6th-9th grade girls this spring! Over the course of four consecutive Saturday afternoons, we will learn about several of the ways that math plays a role in art. These fun-filled workshops are self-contained, so students may register for as many sessions as they wish.
Spring 2018 Workshops
- February 10: Origami (1-3 pm in 173 Altgeld Hall)
- February 17: Tesselations (1-3 pm in 173 Altgeld Hall)
- February 24: Pottery Field Trip (1-3 pm at The Pottery Place in Champaign)
- March 3: String Art (1-3 pm in 173 Altgeld Hall)
Registration & Costs
- Cost: Free!
- There is no registration fee, but space is limited.
- Register via the GEMS Workshops webpage.
- Illinois Student Chapter of the Association for Women in Mathematics
- Department of Mathematics
- Illinois Geometry Lab