Children's Dance - Spring 2018
Date:Sat, 1/20/2018 - Sat, 3/10/2018
Website and/or Calendar Links
Creative Dance for Children classes for spring semester will be offered by the Department of Dance beginning January 20 - March 10, 2018. This is an 8-week session, concluding on March 10th with an open house.
CLASSES: Children ages 4-5, 6-7, and 8-10
TIME: Saturday mornings at the Dance Studio Building (905 W. Nevada)
CLASSES LIMITED TO 12 PER SECTION
WHAT WE TEACH: The age 4-5 and 6-7 classes introduce and build upon concepts of dance and dance making taught through music, words, props, poems, and stories. The 8-10 classes place greater emphasis on modern dance technique as well as improvisation and dance making.
TEACHERS: Mauriah Kraker will teach classes along with Phoebe Ballard, Julianna Boylan, Lauren Mendelson and other and Dance at Illinois students.
DRESS: Appropriate dress is hair off the face, loose-fitting, comfortable clothes, and bare feet. There is a changing room.
The last day of the session (March 10) will be an informal showing for parents and families. All other sessions are closed to observation. During class time, parents may enjoy visiting Café Paradiso on the corner of Lincoln and Nevada or spending time in the family-friendly environment of Christopher Hall across the street from the studio, which opens at 9:00 a.m.
Spring 2018 Schedule
- Ages 4-5 Section 1 (from 9:00-9:45am) - Nevada A
- Ages 4-5 Section 2 (from 9:00-9:45am) - Nevada B
- Ages 6-7 (from 10:00-11:00am) - Nevada B
- Ages 8-10 (from 10:00-11:00am ) - Nevada A
Registration & Cost
- PROGRAM COST: 8 Weeks (January 20-March 10, 2018): $90
- Visit Creative Dance for Children for full details and registration links.
- Classes limited to 12 per section.
- Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Department of Dance