Design Thinking - City X Summer Camp (for ages 9-12) - Summer 2017
Date:Tue, 5/30/2017 - Fri, 6/2/2017
Event Type:Summer Camp
Website and/or Calendar Links
Join Illinois MakerLab for this innovative common core aligned camp where teams of students help settle humans on a new alien planet. Humans have staked out an area for their first city, City X. However, they need inventions that solve challenges relating to health, safety, communication, transportation, and more. These inventions are to be created by a vast team of young designers all around Earth. It’s up to the City X designers – teams of students – to solve the real-world problems of 32 characters living in City X. During the camp, students use the Stanford d.school design process along with 3D modeling and printing technologies to invent, prototype, and test their solutions.
Please visit the Design Thinking - City X Camp webpage for more details.
Dates & Times
- Ages 9-12: Tuesday, May 30 – Friday, June 2, 2017 from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm OR 1:30 - 4:30 pm
Illinois Maker Lab offers another camp for Ages 13-17 on – Tuesday, Aug 1 – Friday, Aug 4, 2017 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm OR 1:30 – 4:30 pm
- Ages: 9-12
- Occupancy: Minimum=5, Maximum=10
- Prerequisites: None
Registration & Cost
- Tuition: $49 early bird or $59
- Order your ticket now on the Design Thinking- City X Camp webpage.
- Drones + 3D Printing Camp - Session 1 - Summer 2017
- Drones + 3D Printing Camp - Session 2 - Summer 2017
- Design Thinking - City X Summer Camp (for ages 13-17) - Summer 2017
- Minecraft + 3D Printing Camp - Session 1 - Summer 2017
- Build a 3D Printed Talking BOT - Summer 2017
- Adventures In 3D Modeling and Printing - 2nd Session - Summer 2017
- Adventures In 3D Modeling and Printing - 1st Session - Summer 2017
- Digital Maker Certificate - Summer 2017 Series
- Minecraft + 3D Printing Camp - Session 2 - Summer 2017