4-H Memorial Camp - Summer Youth Camp 2017 - Week 4
Date:Fri, 6/30/2017 - Tue, 7/4/2017
Event Type:Summer Camp
Website and/or Calendar Links
Get outside and start the adventure of a lifetime at 4-H Memorial Camp. Live in cabins. Hike. Swim. Boat. Make crafts. Climb rocks. Make new friends. 4-H Memorial Camp offers a quality summer camp experience. 4-H Memorial Summer Camp is open to all youth ages 8 - 16 years. 4-H members and those new to 4-H are welcome.
Adventure awaits you at every turn at 4-H Memorial Camp. Every day is packed with activities that will challenge you to try new and exciting things. Best of all, you get to choose the activities you like the most! Meeting new friends is one of the best parts of camp. Each cabin holds 8 campers and 1 counselor. Bathhouses located near each cabin have flush toilets and hot showers. Our famous family-style meals are served in a large dining hall. Dozens of learning projects are also offered each week, such as model rocketry, flower arranging, GPS guided geo-caching, electricity, cooking, dance, music, drama, and photography. Evening programs include campfires, games, skits, songs, campouts, and a big dance. There's never a dull moment at summer camp. Don't sit around home this summer!
The program includes five days of fun and adventure in the out-of-doors. There's non-stop action in waterfront programs, arts and crafts, nature programs, and recreational sports and games. There's lots to do: swimming, canoeing, rockwall climbing, leather tooling, fishing, orienteering, volleyball, basketball, softball, archery, the team challenge course, and much much more!
Dates & Times
Week 4: June 30 - July 4, 2017 (Friday thru Tuesday)
- Arrival time is 2-3 pm on first day.
- Departure time is 3 pm on last day.
Other Summer 2017 Camp Weeks offered:
- Week 1: June 4-8
- Week 2: June 11-15
- Week 3: June 25-29
Things to Know Before You Register
- Camp spaces fill on a first come/first served basis.
- Bunkmates: Registrations have a space to enter one bunkmate request which will be honored if at all possible. Bunkmates should be within 2 years of age and of the same gender.
- Early-Bird 4-H members will have their enrollment verified so if you are unsure of your enrollment as a 2016-2017 4-H member, please check with your home County Extension Office prior to registering.
- Youth may attend more than one camp session, however, each session must have its own separate registration. If you choose to attend back-to-back camp weeks, there is no stay-over option between sessions. Campers must leave and return at the start of the next camp.
Visit the 4H Memorial Camp Summer Camps webpage for full registration details and links.
- Registration cost for Current 4-H Member who have all forms postmarked by March 31, 2017, is $195
- Registration cost for Current 4-H Members who complete registration on or after April 1, 2017, is $215
- Registration cost for youth not currently enrolled in 4-H is $235
- University of Illinois Extension
- Illinois 4-H