The Odyssey Project
Website and/or Calendar Links
Since the of fall 2006, the Odyssey Project at the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, has sponsored a suite of courses following the Bard College Clemente Course model. Odyssey is a one-year course that enrolls students from the community who fall at or below the poverty line community in courses in Philosophy, Literature, US History, and Art History for 6 college credits in the Humanities. UIUC is proud to be one of the 40 major universities and colleges across the country to provide this course each year.
The premise of Odyssey is that a foundation in these core humanities courses offers students an opportunity build their knowledge base and develop critical thinking skills that will serve them in their pursuit of higher education, workforce opportunities and a lifetime of learning-based citizenship.
Contact The Urbana Adult Education Center for more details.
Instructors for 2016-17:
- Professor Dale Bauer (Literature)
- Dr. Samuel Byndom (US Historry
- Dr. Malaika McKee- Culpepper (Philosophy)
- Adrienne Johnson (Art History)
- Illinois Program for Research in the Humanities
- Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs