Center for Translation Studies
Website and/or Calendar Links
The University of Illinois is committed to world-class translation education and to the art and craft of translation.
The Translation Studies programs emphasize the integration of theory and practice. In the MA and the Certificate programs, we approach translation studies both as an interdisciplinary academic discipline as and as a professional practice.
The Center for Translation Studies is situated within the School of Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics and draws upon the world-class resources of its language and literature departments, faculty, and the university libraries to educate translators and interpreters to prepare them for the exciting opportunities available to them in today’s global economy.
Translators see a growing demand for their services in:
- International corporations
- Governmental and non-governmental agencies
- International organizations
- Web-based companies seeking to provide multilingual resources
- Publishers translating world literature
- Firms creating translation tools
- School of Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics
- Modern Greek Studies