Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
Website and/or Calendar Links
OLLI has a permanent staff consisting of a Director, Outreach Specialist, and Office Manager.
A full-year membership is $180; a second person in the same household can join for $155. The full-year membership period is July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019.
Half-year memberships are available for the period December 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019. A half-year membership is $110; a second person in the same household can join for $95.
Membership includes one free course and one free study group for the membership year. Each additional 8-week course is $40 (4-week courses are $20), and each additional study group is $15.
The joy of learning makes a wonderful gift! Gift certificates and more information are available in the OLLI office.
OLLI for All
We are dedicated to making OLLI membership and participation affordable and accessible to area residents over 50 who wish to be involved. If you would like to request a membership fee waiver, or require disability-related accommodations or special assistance, please contact OLLI Director Christine Catanzarite.
If you wish to make a gift to support our programs (including our scholarship fund), please go to our donation page or contact Christine Catanzarite.
Benefits of OLLI Membership
OLLI offers fall and spring semesters of 8-week courses taught by distinguished faculty (both current and emeritus) from the University of Illinois and other regional colleges and universities, and community members from a wide variety of areas. A selection of 4-week courses is also offered. The spring 2018 semester begins Monday, January 22; more information about our exciting fall courses and inspiring instructors can be found on the OLLI current courses page.
Your OLLI membership includes one free course per year; additional 8-week courses are $40 each, and 4-week courses are $20 each. (If you register for only one course during your membership year and it is one of the 4-week offerings, that registration will count as your free course.)
Members will be eligible for a University of Illinois I-Card if they do not already have one; details for obtaining the I-Card will be provided in your membership confirmation. The I-Card comes with several benefits:
- access to the U of I Library and its renowned collections, including extensive online materials
- free service on all Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District bus routes (an annual pass typically costs $84)
- discounts at participating local and national merchants.
OLLI members are eligible to participate in our many exceptional educational offerings:
- Study Groups
- Other OLLI Activities: Membership in OLLI provides additional activities, from informal events and programs designed to bring together members of the OLLI community to educational travel experiences and the opportunity to volunteer in a U of I laboratory as part of the Citizen Scientist initiative.
- U of I Library Programs: OLLI members have access to books, movies, journal articles, and online newspapers and magazines at the U of I Library — one of the largest and richest public library collections in North America, with more than 24 million items among its holdings. OLLI also collaborates with the Library to provide personalized training sessions and short courses for its members.
- Wellness Programs: Members are eligible to join the state-of-the-art U of I Campus Recreation facilities at faculty/staff rates. OLLI members also receive a 20% discount on the Lifetime Fitness Program offered by the U of I Department of Kinesiology and Community Health.
- Office of the Chancellor
- I-STEM Education Initiative
- Lifetime Fitness Program