Krannert Center Tours
Website and/or Calendar Links
Covering two city blocks, Krannert Center encompasses
- five indoor stages, including the acoustical gem of the Foellinger Great Hall
- an expansive, elegant, and inviting central Lobby which offers a cafe, bar, and gift shop
- full production facilities, including classrooms, rehearsal spaces, studios, and offices
- deeply integrated curricular and production work with the College of Fine and Applied Arts academic units of Illinois Theatre; School of Music, including Lyric Theatre @ Illinois; and Dance at Illinois
- a staff of 80 dedicated professionals who support over 400 performances and engagement activities each year, while educating students in the work of the arts
To learn more about this world-class facility, take a free tour! In addition to background on the Center’s construction and materials, you’ll be treated to an overview of the day-to-day functioning of a lively performing arts center. Tours include a trip through the production levels. Plan to spend 45 to 60 minutes traveling around the building.
Tours are held every day at 3pm during the fall and spring semesters, and Tuesdays through Fridays during the summer sessions; check the calendar of events for exact tour dates and times.
Group tours and special tours are available. Groups of up to 15 may join the Daily Tour with no advance notice. To schedule a tour for a group larger than 15 people or at a different time than the Daily Tour, contact Krannert Center by phone or email at least two weeks in advance to make arrangements for a group or special tour.