Center for Innovation in Teaching & Learning
Website and/or Calendar Links
The Center for Innovation in Teaching & Learning (CITL) is a hub of innovation and hands-on support for those who want to discuss and work with higher education trends, models, projects, and resources. CITL uses leading pedagogical approaches, research-based methodologies, innovative instructional technologies, and comprehensive assessment practices to strengthen teaching efforts and improve student learning outcomes. Central to our modern mission is strengthening the linkages between CITL and colleges, programs, and units across the University that are integral to the teaching and learning missions of the university. Through our programs and activities, colleagues can share ideas and expertise with one another, learn of new developments in the scholarship of teaching and learning, and strengthen their teaching skills and strategies.
CITL offers the following main resources to the Illinois campus:
- Support the development, marketing, delivery and evaluation of online courses and programs.
- Provide essential services for teaching evaluations, learning outcome assessments, new student testing/placement, and exam processing.
- Provide training and assistance with instructional pedagogies and technologies to departments, faculty, staff and teaching assistants.
- Provide personalized support to instructors who want to create, revised or blend a course.
- Help the development, use, and evaluation of rich and creative learning environments.
- Assist campus academic units with event planning including academic conferences, research symposia, professional development workshops, institutes, and performing arts festivals.
In collaboration with campus units and other thought leaders within the academy, we spark new ideas, strategies, and knowledge to shape 21st century teaching and learning.
- University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign