Website and/or Calendar Links
The Illinois MakerLab is the world’s first Business School 3D Printing Lab. The Lab was was co-founded by Dr. Aric Rindfleisch (Executive Director) and Dr. Vishal Sachdev (Director) and opened in Spring 2013.
Their objective is to provide University of Illinois faculty and students with the knowledge and resources to be at the forefront of the emerging maker movement. They do this by teaching users how to design, manufacture, and market physical objects. 3D printing (and the emerging Maker Movement) provides a means of democratizing innovation by empowering individuals with the know-how and tools to manufacture the objects they consume. Thus, this technology has important implications for many facets of business, including manufacturing, distribution, retailing, and consumer behavior.
The lab is equipped with 12 MakerBot Replicator 2 desktop 3D printers, 3D design software, and 3D scanning devices. In addition to providing access to these tools, they also conduct training on a variety of aspects of 3D printing, including 3D design, scanning, and manufacturing. Their students range from undergraduates to business executives. In addition, they provide custom 3D design and prototyping services.
The Illinois MakerLab is located in Room 3030 of the Business Instructional Facility at the College of Business, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. They are open approximately 30 hours per week (please see Lab hours for their current schedule). They enjoy hosting visitors, so if you find yourself on our campus, please stop by!
- College of Business
- UI Innovate
University ContactsNo contacts have been specified
Partners Outside the University of Illinois:
- Illinois Marketplace & Maker Literacy Program
- Adventures In 3D Modeling and Printing - 1st Session - Summer 2017
- Minecraft + 3D Printing Camp - Session 2 - Summer 2017
- Adventures In 3D Modeling and Printing - 2nd Session - Summer 2017
- Digital Maker Certificate - Summer 2017 Series
- Drones + 3D Printing Camp - Session 1 - Summer 2017
- Drones + 3D Printing Camp - Session 2 - Summer 2017
- Build a 3D Printed Talking BOT - Summer 2017
- Design Thinking - City X Summer Camp (for ages 9-12) - Summer 2017
- Design Thinking - City X Summer Camp (for ages 13-17) - Summer 2017
- Minecraft + 3D Printing Camp - Session 1 - Summer 2017