Online Agricultural Education Master of Science
Program Type:Degree Program
Website and/or Calendar Links
The online Agricultural Education Master of Science degree enables students to take a series of synchronous web-based courses to meet the same requirements as the traditional on-campus degree program. The online Students log into an online portal simultaneously with other students and the course instructor. All courses are offered during the evenings (Central Standard Time) at times convenient to students with daytime responsibilities. Tuition for online coursework is lower than for on-campus students. Prospective students can get a hands-on look at the online instructional format by enrolling in a course prior to applying. Check out currently and soon-to-be available courses in AGED and other departments. Information on course registration can be found here
Who is the online program designed for?
The online program is ideal for individuals who are:
- Seeking opportunities to enhance their professional skills as an agricutural educator
- Planning to obtain a Master of Science degree to be eligible for positions as a community college instructor, extension agent, or other career opportunities
What are the degree and admission requirements?
The online program has identical requirements to the on-campus program, and upon completion, students earn a degree that is identical to on-campus students.
- 32 hours of approved graduate level courses based on the recommended course list
- Submission of a research/professional paper required
- Must be completed within five years after admission to the graduate college
- Required in agriculture courses may be selected from any department in the College of Agriculture, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES), other than in Agricultural Education, including courses from other online/off-campus programming in ACES
The online MS Degree has an open admission option. The deadline to begin in the fall is June 15th, spring is November 15th, and summer is March 15th of each school year. Application materials and information may be obtained through the Graduate College. GRE scores are not required for this degree option.
Have more questions about the online program?
Check out the online-specific FAQ page for answers about the online degree program.
Interested in a Master of Science degree completed through on-campus courses instead? Investigate the on-campus MS program for more details.
- College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences